Smoked mackerel pâté recipe
I am a creature of habit when it comes to my lunch during the working week. I usually have some seeded crispbreads or oatcakes with something on top, plus some salad and a piece of fruit. In order to get some variety in the toppings for my crackers I like to have a number of different options and this easy fish pâté is one of them. Very simple to make and delicious.
Ingredients - can easily be scaled up!
- One peppered smoked mackerel fillet.
- 40g full fat cream cheese.
- Quarter to half a teaspoon of horseradish sauce (to taste).
- Teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Peel the skin off the mackerel fillet.
2. Gather the remaining ingredients.
3. Just use the smaller amount of horseradish unless you are sure you like a strong horseradish taste. You can always add a bit more later.
4. Mash them all together with a fork adding a bit more lemon juice if it is a bit dry.
5. Alternatively you can add them all to a food processor and blitz until you have formed the pâté.
6. Chill (if you have time) and serve with toast, oatcakes or your favourite cracker. I am often just making it at lunchtime so I serve it straight away!
7. For a healthier lunch, serve with lots of salad with an extra-virgin olive oil dressing.