The warm days have turned my thoughts to barbecues and salads and I love some coleslaw, especially a home made version which is much healthier than the shop bought ones which can be a bit hit or miss when it comes to taste. I make this version with yoghurt rather than mayonnaise, or sometimes I use a mix of the two. I think it tastes better the next day rather than freshly made, but that might just be me!
Ingredients - can easily be scaled up!
- 100g red or white cabbage
- 100g carrot
- 50g celery
- 25g red or white onion
- 50g apple
- 25g sultanas (optional)
- 4 tablespoons of Greek style full-fat yoghurt (or half and half with mayonnaise)
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- Half a teaspoon of mustard (I usually use wholegrain).
- Grate the cabbage, carrot, onion, celery and apple using a grater blade in a food processor.
- Tip into a bowl and mix well.
- Add the sultanas if using and mix them through.
4. In a bowl, mix the yoghurt, oil and mustard (and mayonnaise if using).
5. Combine with the grated ingredients and mix well.
6. Chill and enjoy with a salad or barbecue.