Chocolate bites recipe
This recipe is quick to make and has lots of healthy ingredients. It is not overly sweet, so you can add a little more sweetness to it if you prefer, but they are a great accompaniment to a cup of coffee and they are so much better for you than highly processed cakes or sweets that have come from a factory. Enjoy!
Ingredients - makes about 15
- Half a tin of chickpeas drained and rinsed (about 125g).
- 75g of mixed nuts.
- 75g of stoned dates.
- 2 heaped tablespoons of peanut butter (check it is 100% nuts, nothing added).
- 2 level tablespoons of cacao or cocoa powder.
- 10g mixed seeds.
- 45g sultanas.
- 25g desiccated coconut (unsweetened).
- 1 teaspoon of maple syrup (or more to taste) - not shown in the picture.
- Measure all of the ingredients into a food processor. If you don't like things too sweet leave out the maple syrup. You can always add it later.
- Blitz for a few minutes until the ingredients have been cut into small pieces and formed a uniform mixture.
- Taste and add a bit more maple syrup if it is not sweet enough for your taste and blitz again for a few seconds to mix it through.
4. Form the mixture into small balls by rolling between the palms of your hands.
5. Roll the balls in either coconut or cacoa/cocoa powder, or leave plain.
6. Store in the fridge and enjoy!